February 26, 2018
We are compiling a list of things on TV that set off our crazy dog. We have a TV mounted on the wall above the fireplace and Tor, our 2-year-old Rottweiler stands on his hind feet to challenge things on the tv.
- Alaskan sled dogs
- Tattooed prisoners
- Redheads (sorry, Lisa)
- Anyone in a jumpsuit
While he is standing on his back feet, sometime he loses his balance and falls backwards. This doesn’t stop him from challenging the next red-headed prisoner wearing a jumpsuit on horseback mushing Alaskan sled dogs.
Other things that set him off:
- When the thirty-year-old maple near our deck sneaks up on him
- The wind
- Snow on the deck
- Windows (sometimes they sneak up on him, too)
- Cars on the road half a mile away that he can only see when the leaves are off the trees
- Leaves falling off the trees
- Either cat
- His crate
- His food dish
- Our son (with a blanket draped over his shoulders)
Oh yeah, and shadows.
We live such a calm life.
I asked Supergirl if she would write a few blog posts about our real lives. We’re calling it Hank and Jane IRL, and if you don’t get the Hank and Jane reference, you need to read Errant Gods 🙂